Monday, January 2, 2017

New Horizons.

I might not have been doing it here, but anyone who knows me IRL knows that I hate working where I work. After eight years of working in production based claims handling, I am at my wits end.

Back in late October, early November, I enrolled in the local community college's applied science degree for computer programming. I obtained my financial aid and I start tomorrow with 2 classes.

I am not sure what has changed, I just woke up and felt like I needed to "do" despite my emotional baggage.

When I moved up north from the Portland Metro Area, I transferred with my employer. I bought myself enough time to make a decision regarding my career choice. Would I continue or would I shake things up and start off on a new path?

In my personal life, I have spent the last 2 years shoring up my relationship with my immediate family: Bad Boi, Baby Femme, and the Wee One. It feels solid. I know that we are united as a family, even if it is not the way I imagined I would make my family.

So this new year brings launching pad I have needed, both mentally and physically, to jump off into new waters. I'm glad I know how to swim.

1 comment:

  1. I am so darned proud of you! I'm excited to watch as you learn and grow in your new career. I'm inspired by you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I'll review your comment within the next 3 days.

If you are using comments as a way to fish for information on me or my partner, you'll be ignored.