Monday, May 30, 2016

Fat Kid Goes Hiking: McLane Creek 05.30.16

Well, it's the unofficial start of summer 2016. I always joke that I don't hike, I walk; I don't walk, I mosey. With that in mind, I decided to start "Fat Kid Goes Hiking." I enjoy getting out in nature, looking at wildlife like birds, amphibians, and reptiles. I also enjoy looking at the plants and attempting to identify them. It's a special treat to enjoy them with my love.

Today, Kyle and I went for an easy hike at McLane Creek. I thought it was funny that they call it McLane Creek because you're actually hiking around a beaver pond and don't see much of the creek at all.
We saw dragonflies, red-wing blackbirds, a juvenile marsh wren, newts (we thought they were salamanders, at first), garter snakes, and ducks. 

As we walked along, happy to be in each other's company, we shared about recent hiccups in our relationship and how we could meet both of our needs going forward. Sharing like this, with vulnerability and intention, is very important to me. Taking this time away, to a place where the only thing that needed to get done was to see all the beauty, was a perfect respite to bring up the hiccups and work through them with kindness and love, as well as making room for revisions if our strategies didn't work how we needed them to work.

Sharing emotional closeness also turns me on and encourages me to share physical/sexual closeness. We had some exciting quicky-sex along the trail, as you do, or maybe that's just us.  We took the shorter loop (0.6 miles) that stays close to the pond and there is one viewing platform just to the pond side of the path. Because it is the railway trail, it is long and straight, so it is very easy for you to keep watch to either side and put yourselves together before anyone gets close enough to see what you're doing.

This trail was well shaded, no elevation gain, and relatively short. It was an easy hike for this Fat Kid and I recommend it!

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed the walk, too. I think it was the perfect place for us to downshift and take our time with each other. The conversation and quickies were exactly perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I'll review your comment within the next 3 days.

If you are using comments as a way to fish for information on me or my partner, you'll be ignored.