Wednesday, December 21, 2016

NY NY, First Post, I'm a Beginner

I've been feeling a pull to my Witchy side, which is not to be confused with my Jew-ish side, although they might be working together on this.

Because of my recent involvement with some Witch friends, I was introduced to Deborah M. Castellano and her blog, Charmed, I'm Sure.

Last night was the Winter Solstice. As I was totally wiped out from last weekend and all the shenanigans, I didn't let my candle burn down all the way. So this morning, I lit it again. I started to straighten up my apartment. I started recycling holiday cards I would never use, while saving the envelopes for my child, who loves sending letters, or at least writing them.  I was trying to make some space so I could do the thing: the first prompt for New Year, New You: NY NY: Making Way.

And of course, as I sat down to read it, I realized that I had already started. More than that, I had started at the "right time" of a waning moon, and also on a fucking Wednesday. Which is more synchronicity in a space of time where such synchronicities are happening in rapid succession with so many of the people in my life.

The suggested deities are listed as: Ganesha, Janus, Kali, Eostre, Bridget. I'm not sure what that means. However, whenever I hear/read "Kali" I mentally finish it with "the destroyer." That seems important. And I'm Irish, so any time I hear/read Bridget, I think of my mental images of Ireland, which feels like home. So, I guess I have some deities to hang with on this.

So, I'm not sure what doing this will get me, and I'm mostly just looking for clarity in my life path.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I'll review your comment within the next 3 days.

If you are using comments as a way to fish for information on me or my partner, you'll be ignored.