Monday, August 24, 2015

Gender Odyssey 2015, Pt 3

I'm home now. I'm easing my reentry to the land of muggles by taking today off work. I'm slowly sorting through the details of how I am feeling after living in Translandia for the past four days. The thought at the front of my brain? I AM NOT ALONE*.




I spent most of my time in workshops designed for non-binary folks. I met and connected with folks who were walking down the middle of the road or completely off the road in their own unique ways and my heart became fuller and fuller all throughout the weekend.




As the dust settles, I am reminded of the wonderful people with which I connected. As I reflect on the connections forged, I imagine that some will be ephemeral and some will be eternal and every variation of the places between  and surrounding those two small points in space-time.




I am reminded of the infinite ways in which we exist and the infinite ways we relate to others. And all the ways are equally important. I may never see some of these folks again and yet they have touched my life in very tangible ways, assisting with my growth as a human in genderfluid form.




I am also planning ways in which I might contribute to Gender Odyssey 2016 and how I can grow and connect  with my local trans* population. Knowing that I am not alone provided such wonderful relief; I want to share that relief around with others.


















*I understand that living in Olympia, Was, I do not experience the isolation of folks living elsewhere. Trans* folks of all stripes live here. I am mostly familiar with transmasculine people.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you went. It is an amazing thing not only to be among 'our tribe' but also to see the variety that exists in translandia. And to see the ways people work to be intentional about inclusion and self-growth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I'll review your comment within the next 3 days.

If you are using comments as a way to fish for information on me or my partner, you'll be ignored.